GMediaRender is a UPnP™ media renderer for POSIX®-compliant systems, such as GNU/Linux® or UNIX®. It implements the server component that provides UPnP controllers a means to render media content (audio, video and images) from a UPnP media server.
sudo apt-get install python-coherence
coherence is a full featured DLNA solution for linux
- Coherence is a complete UPnP python framework including a DMS, a DMR, and a DMC.
- LinuxMCE as a complete free solution has Fuppes integrated, but plans to switch to MediaTomb.
- XBMC a free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media available for Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, as well as the original Xbox game console
- Asset UPnP/DLNA, Free Audio specific UPnP/DLNA server for Windows & Windows Home Server. Features album art, audio WAVE/LPCM transcoding from a huge range of audio codecs, replaygain support for streamed audio. Customizable browse tree.
- Jamcast, a DLNA compliant media server for Windows that is capable of streaming any audio playing on the PC to DLNA devices.
- Mezzmo is a feature-packed UPnP/DLNA media server with on-the-fly transcoding and media organizing features.
- PlayOn from MediaMall. Appears to be a DMS, also capable of serving streamed internet media such as Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, CNN, ESPN.
- PS3 Media Server.An open source (GPLv2) DLNA compliant UPnP Media Server for the PS3, written in Java, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding any kind of media files, with minimum configuration.
- Serviio is a free DLNA media server and works with any DLNA compliant device (TV, Playstation 3, etc.) and some other (XBox 360). It is updated frequently.
- TwonkyMedia server runs on PC, Mac, Linux and Android and enables media sharing of local and online media among a large variety of devices.
- TVMOBiLi - A free DLNA/UPnP Media Server for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Appears to be just a DMS.
- TVersity, a free UPnP MediaServer with strong device support and on-the-fly transcoding. Appears to be just a DMS.
- Coherence is a framework written in Python to enable applications access to digital living network resources. As a stand alone application it can act as a UPnP/DLNA media server, in combination with a supported client as a media renderer.
UPnP service must be enabled in Router.
For DD-WRT based router, it is located at NAT/QoS
(1) Enable SSDP Discovery Service
Start -> Setting -> Control Plane -> Administrative Tools-> Service -> SSDP Discovery Service
(2) Add UPnP Windows Component
Start -> Setting -> Control Plane -> Add or Remove Program -> Add/Remove Windows Component -> Network Service -> UPnP User Interface + Internet Gateway Discovery
(3) Enable UPnP in Windows XP Firewall
Start -> Setting -> Control Plane-> Windows Firewall -> Exception -> UPnP Firewall